Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I love Summer

Sorry, it's been a while since I've posted. I love Summer, but it does horrible things to my schedule. Actually, it does great things to my schedule - it gives me time to get out and do some different things.

Many of you know I am part of a new church start. This has been an adventure (and will be for a long while). We just reserved a shelter at a local park for five "Gatherings". I'm excited about it for two reasons: 1) I'm ready to start meeting new people and have a chance to build some new relationships, and 2) Because it's OUTSIDE!

For me, nature has a way of bringing me closer to God. Actually, more accurately, it helps me be more aware of God. The Bible assures me God is always with me - I'm just not always real focused on Him.

I don't know if you're a spiritual person or not, but for me, just looking at creation helps me to understand there must be a Creator. So, take some time this week (or, heck, all summer...all year) and take a look around you and see if you don't become more aware of a God who loves you.

/D

No comments: