Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Who's Responsible

Okay, I want to know who’s responsible – someone has obviously mashed the fast forward button on life and it’s stuck there.

I truly have no idea where the days go. I have enjoyed my days recently – getting to catch up with some friends, doing some yard work and a little real work – but truthfully, time just seems to be moving much faster these days. I remember always hear “old people” talk like this – uh oh – this must mean…

Anyway, lots going on in my life, and here’s one thing I’ve spent a bunch of time thinking about lately. What’s love? Some say it’s an emotion, others say a feeling, still others say it’s choice. I think it's all of these things. I certainly feel love towards some and others I must choose to love.

The Bible’s main focus is love and 1 Corinthians 13 is the famous “love chapter.” I’ve done something I don’t often do and committed this entire chapter to memory (it’s not THAT long). And the reason I have is because I’m really trying to figure out how to fulfill what Jesus said was the most important thing in life – love God and love people. If I’m going to attempt this, I think it’s a good idea to know how God defines love. So, 1 Corinthians 13 is where I’ve been for a while now.

How about looking this up for yourself. Even if your not a religious person (which, by the way, I’m not either – put that’s a whole different blog), your life is impacted by this crazy little thing called love. So, check it out and let me know what you think!

Dave

No comments: