Sunday, November 18, 2007

Worry Poll

Well, the "worry" poll closed with all but one of you worrying most about your future (myself included).

The future is a funny thing when you think about it. We have very little control of what happens next year or even the next few minutes. Sure, we can make plans, but life has a way of throwing curve balls.

I guess the best advice I can think of is - plan for tomorrow, but don't miss today. Live in the moment.

I often catch myself thinking if I just get ___ or when ___ happens everything will be great or if ___ would just do ___ everything would be better. Yet, most of these things I really can't control and I miss today worrying about tomorrow.

A phrase I've become very fond of and remind myself often with is "enjoy the journey!" Don't miss out on all of the great things happening right now because you think something better is coming tomorrow. If better things come - great, but today can be pretty great, too.

Enjoy the journey!

There is a new poll question up now.

No comments: