Saturday, October 25, 2008

Back to Blogging

I know it's been a while since I blogged here. I've been working on another project (which I'm still working on), but decided I wanted to resume posting my thoughts here.

So, welcome back!

I'm currently reading a book called The Shack by Wm Paul Young. This book will make you think. If you've read it, send me a comment on what you think about it.

Did you like it?
Did it confuse you?
Did it answer some of your questions about God?
Do you think it's an accurate view of God?

Whatever your thoughts are, I'd like to read them.

/D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey man, thanks for letting us crash your place. it was a good night. hope everything is going well. peace.

Dave said...

Hey Doug!

It was great to have all of you guys with us. I hope our paths cross again soon.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Great book, unless you read it theologically. It drives concrete thinkers and people with the spiritual discipline of teaching out of their minds.

At first struggled with the personification of Trinity, but got over it quickly.

Teaching on God's acceptance, grace, and forgiveness is awesome. I am in the 50% of Christians who love the book.

Dave said...

I agree with your thoughts - although I didn't really struggle with the personification of the Trinity - I think it actually helps explain something that's tough to wrap our minds around. Of course, we come up short in all attempts to fully "get it" when it comes to the Trinity. In hearing the author talk about the book, he wasn't really trying to teach the theology.

I thought some of his explanations of how God works were very good - I too am in the 50% that love the book.

Jeri said...

Count me in too! Loved the book and how he painted such an incredibly loving picture of God through such an unthinkable tragedy!