Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Cheer / Pain

As many of you know, my family and two other families are in the midst of starting a new church. We also have a whole crew of people who have committed to pray for us as we take this journey.

I send periodic updates and prayer requests. After re-reading an update I sent out last night, I decided this was something some of you may benefit from as well. So, I know this isn't part of the Christian Faith discussion, but in many ways it is. Here's a portion of the e-mail I sent:

This week we made a list of all of the things we are currently working on and need to start working on in the near future. While there’s some overlap, the bottom line is there are about 35 “items” we are doing regarding developing Relevant Community Church. Please be in prayer that God will help us prioritize and be efficient in (but not rush through) each of these areas.

As were in the middle of this incredible time of year – remembering our Savior’s birth, I also pray that all of us...will take the time to SLOW DOWN and truly thank God for the indescribable gift of His Son.

I know this can also be a difficult time for many – my own family shares great grief from past losses during this time of year – but we have made the decision to not let the difficulties of this world overcome the majesty and sovereignty of God. We still feel the pain – that’s normal and natural, but we don’t allow it to overcome us.

If this time of year is typically difficult for you – I pray that the God of all comfort would truly bring you the peace that only He can give and that His peace will allow you to refocus on God’s love and mercy.


If any of you have a specific prayer request you would like for me to be praying for, you can e-mail me at Dave@RedoingLife.com. I'll keep your request confidential unless you ask me to share it with others.

Merry (even if sometimes painful) Christmas!

No comments: