Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Strength

ESPN has started using a song I recognized from way back to advertise their Monday Night Football. They only play three lines from the chorus which are:

Give me love
Give me hope
Give me strength

I remembered the rest of the chorus goes:

Give me someone to live for
I need it now
I need it now

I was able to find the song and the band – it was The Alarm and the song is called Strength.

I can’t say for sure what the band was trying to say, but what I think they're saying is –

Give me a reason to live – actually they come right out and say give me “someone” to live for. Sounds like they are really searching.

Other parts of the song say, “I need someone I can depend on,” “I don’t know if I’m living or dying,” “I can’t control what I’m going through now, will you light the fire that I need to survive.”

They also talk about the pain of this life.

Which brings me to why I am so glad I’ve found Someone to live for. In fact, we’ll celebrate His birthday in a couple of weeks. Can you relate to this song – the searching – the needing – the desire to have a real purpose for living.

Maybe this Christmas, for the first time, you can truly celebrate the miracle of this Season – God becoming a man to bring us… well… love, hope and strength. If you could use some of these things this Christmas (and for the rest of your life) why not consider finding Someone to live for? Why not come to really know the Christ of CHRISTmas.

If you want to talk more about this you can e-mail me at dave@RedoingLife.com.

Here's another song about searching...

No comments: