Thursday, December 14, 2006

Jack Frost & Ephesians

I love Jack Frost's hair in Santa Cluase 3. I'm not sure why - I just want hair like that.

What got me thinking about ole Jack was the fact that this week I've been partially sidelined by a cold. By the way, have I mentioned how much I hate winter.

Anyway, the cold has given me some time to slow down (by default) and think. Currently, I'm still medicated and tired so this will be short - but more to come.

For a while I've been drawn to the Letter of Ephesians in the Bible. It's one of those real practical books and talks a lot about how the Christians and the church should behave. Since I'm in the middle of starting a new church, you can see why this would be so interesting to me.

Anyway, here's a quote from a commentary I'm reading: "The Christian faith is NOT an attractive set of ideas or a nice avenue to follow. Rather, it is so deep an engagement with Christ, so deep a union with our Lord, that Paul [the man God used to write the letter] can only describe it as living in Christ."

I know there some Christianeze in there, but that is a very powerful thought!

I'll have more on this in future posts. For now, ponder that thought and see what you think it really means.

No comments: