Friday, April 20, 2007

Proud to be a Hokie!


This has been a week that most of us would prefer to forget. The unthinkable attack has changed the landscape of my school, our country and the world.

Yet, as horrible as the act was – the overall response from students (young and old) and faculty have shown the human spirit at its best. None of us would want to have to relive these past few days, but I’ve often heard people say that when you’re under pressure the real “you” comes out. The “you” I’ve seen in the VT community and the Hokie Nation as a whole makes me more proud than ever to be a Hokie.

These events are the type that you never forget – they will last a lifetime. But, as with all things, time tends to dull the clarity. What will be remembered is what we choose to focus on. For me, I’ll let the acts of a madman fade, but I will never forget the courage and unity of my VT family.

To the students and faculty – thank you for being “you.” You have represented us all well beyond what my words can adequately express! God Bless!
/D

No comments: