Sunday, April 22, 2007

Thank You from a Hokie!

The response to the events at VT has been incredible. I believe the American spirit has shown up again as it did after 9/11.

While our loss as been enormous, our resolve to love those who have been the most effected continues to show that love is still able to triumph over evil.

The unity of colleges across our country has been inspiring. To see students that are normally rivals where our colors in support has brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion. To see the many tributes from so many places has been inspiring.

I have already written about how proud I am to be a Hokie based on the response of the students and faculty at VT. I must also say how proud I am to be an American based on the way our country has embraced our University. While many would expect school unity – the unity of our entire nation is amazing -- and healing.

To all of you who have shown your love and support – THANK YOU!
/
/
/D

No comments: