Monday, November 06, 2006

The Book Bug

The book bug has bitten me! There are so many great things God has done in my life and in the life of my family that I want to share with others. My hopes are that others would also trust God to bring good from their difficult times.

I know all of us have faced difficulties (many of us are facing them right now). So, if an encouraging word would help turn things around, I'd love to be that voice.

Anyway, over the past couple of days I've spent numerous hours at this keyboard and we'll just have to wait and see what develops. I have a bunch of random thoughts and stories - I'm just not sure how it will all fit together.

If nothing else it's been a good exercise for me to reflect on God grace and mercy - and that's never a bad thing!

One last thought tonight. As I've been taking the time to reflect, it has reminded me how many people have been a vital part of my life. Although I think about these people from time to time, I rarely take the time to thank them with a little note, e-mail, phone call or a lunch together. I want to be better about connecting (or reconnecting) with my friends.

How about you? Are there a few people that come to your mind as you read this that haven't heard from you in a while? Why not jot them and note or pick up the phone and give them a call. I bet they'd love to hear from you!!

No comments: