Wednesday, November 01, 2006

First Comment + How's Your Home Life?

Hey, I'm so proud. Someone read my blog and even posted a comment...


...thanks, mom.

Okay, so the only other people reading is my mom and dad - I don't know if that's good or bad :-0

But I am thankful for parents who care about me and are involved in my life - I'm not sucking-up here - I do have a point to make. Okay I'm sucking-up a little, but I still have a point.

I meet so many people (especially in my work with youth) who's parents are not really involved. Sometimes they have split up, sometimes they are just too busy. Whatever the reason, the results are devastating. [I'm not sure I spelled that right, but if not, my mom will let me know :-)]. That's a humor break because of a very deep subject.

The truth is there are times I almost feel guilty about having a healthy home life when I was growing up (and still today). But here's the important part - there is One who knows everything about you. There's One who made it to all your games, or plays, or recitals. There's One that truly does love you unconditionally. Here's the problem - you cannot really see Him. Of course I'm talking about God, the One who wants to be your heavenly Father, but it can be so difficult to have a relationship with an unseen God. Oh, and by the way, God thought about this, too. That's why He sent His Son, Jesus.

Now, you still may say, but Jesus left this earth almost 2,000 years ago - and you're right, but we have a recorded history of who He was and what He taught and how He feels about us - the Bible.

Now, I won't get into all the proofs of the validitiy [mom, is that spelled right?] of the Bible - at least not today (comment if you have specific questions on this). The truth is we can know God and we can sense His presence in our lives if we are just willing to open our hearts to Him. The Bible talks about the wind - we cannot see the wind either, but we can see the effects of the wind and we can know that it is there. The same is true for God.

Why not give Him a chance? Whether your home life was/is good or bad - He cares about you and wants to have a relationship with you.

No comments: